TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Registration and Payment
Registration for the trips is done via our online system.
- Closing date for the registration is listed in each trek description. Registration may close early in the event of overwhelming response. Applications after that are subjected to availability and you will be contacted by the individual trek I/Cs.
- Individual Trek I/Cs will send you a confirmation email within 5 working days from the trek sign- up, so please provide an email you check often. The confirmation email will include details such as payment method via bank transfer, tentative pre- trek briefing day (tentatively 1 week before each trek), indemnity form and other relevant information.
- No payment is required until you have received the confirmation email.
- The confirmation of your registration will only take effect on full payment received for the trek.
- Indemnity form: Participants who are below 21 years old are required to have their parent/legal guardian complete the indemnity form. Participants who are above 21 years old have to acknowledge by signing the indemnity form. Submission of indemnity form can be done during the pre-trek briefing conducted approximately a week before each trek. Failure to do so will result in barring from the treks.
- All NUS Rovers Adventure Club members will be entitled to a 5% off from all of our treks (rounded up to the nearest dollar and capped at SGD50), as stated in trek descriptions.
- The Participant who takes part in the trek is deem to authorize NUS Rovers and its appointed trek I/Cs to collect, analyze and/or collate any personal information relating to the Participant. NUS Rovers has the discretion to access and use this information in relation to any Events by NUS Rovers in the future.
- The Participant agrees to provide accurate and complete information that is of his/her best knowledge. Any inaccurate, non-current or incomplete information will be the forfeiture of his/her place in the trek. Changes to personal information must be made known to both the appointed trek I/C and (email@example.com) in writing.
2. Trip Cancellation
- NUS Rovers and its appointed trek I/Cs reserve the rights to delay or cancel the trip at any time without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Unforeseen circumstances include but are not limited to extreme weather, outbreak of contagious disease, inaccessibility, natural disasters and calamities that force the trip to be cancelled for safety reasons.
- NUS Rovers and its appointed trek I/Cs will make its best effort to inform the Participant of such delay or cancellation. Strictly no refund will be made in the event of Unforeseen Circumstances.
- NUS Rovers and its appointed trek I/Cs shall not be held liable for any losses, damages or inconveniences caused from any delay or cancellation of the Event.
- In the event a trip cancellation is due to the fault of NUS Rovers and its appointed trek I/Cs, a refund of the payment made for the trek will be made to the participants involved. The amount to be refunded will be based on unexpended expedition funds.
Withdrawal upon the request of the Participant is subjected to the following conditions:
Case 1: Until 14 days before start of expedition
You will receive a 50% refund excluding the price of the air ticket.
Case 2: Within 14 days to start of expedition
Strictly no refund.
Case 3: Medically unfit with production of Medical Certificate.
Strictly no refund.
Any other cases will be considered on a case-by-case basis and refund is subject to the approval of NUS Rovers and its appointed trek I/Cs.
4. Programme Details
- NUS Rovers and its appointed trek I/Cs reserves the rights to amend the Event’s program as they deem fit for safety reasons and/or prevention of potential hazards, at any time without prior notice.
- Appointed trek I/Cs will make its best effort to keep the Participant informed of such changes prior to the commencement of the Event.
- NUS Rovers and its appointed trek I/Cs reserves the right to make use of any photo, video, motion pictures and any form of media recordings made in the Event at its own discretion for future purposes.
5. Usage and issuance of stores
- Stores will be issued for the use during the trek free of charge. This will be done either during the pre- trek briefing or at the start of the trek.
- Participants are responsible for stores used during the trips.
- All stores handed over to participants should be properly accounted for and returned in the original condition after the trip. Participants would be required to compensate for any damages to the stores under their care.
- Equipment maintenance, washing of tent etc. will be conducted after the trek. Participants are required to assist trek I/Cs in this process.
- All participants are to declare any existing medical conditions to NUS Rovers.
- The Participant covenants and agrees to release and discharge NUS Rovers from any liability arising from the loss and damage of any personal articles incurred from the participation of the trek
- NUS Rovers reserves the right to remove the Participant when he/she is deemed physically incapable of continuing the Event in order to safeguard him/her from further harm, injury or death.
- Reasonable precaution will be taken by trek I/Cs to ensure the safety of the Participant during the Event. However, NUS Rovers and its appointed trek I/Cs shall not be held liable for any personal injury, consequences arising from existing medical condition(s), or death arising from the participation of the Event.
- NUS Rovers and its appointed trek I/Cs will not be held responsible or liable for any injury or death of the Participants, the family members of the Participant or anybody accompanying the Participant arising from the trek premises.
- The Participant must be covered under his/her own personal accident insurance before participating in the trek. NUS Rovers and its appointed trek I/Cs shall not be held liable for any death/injuries/loss of personal properties arising from the Participant’s inability to secure his/her personal accident insurance.
- It is the Participant’s responsibility to inform NUS Rovers and its appointed trek I/Cs of changes in his/her health status from the point of submission of his/her medical history to the Event day. NUS Rovers and its appointed trek I/Cs will not be liable for any injuries including death incurred by the Participant due to the change of health status not declared by the Participant.
- Participants are strongly advised to consult his/her medical practitioner prior to the registration of the trek to certify his/her fitness and to be immunized against diseases such as tetanus.
- While reasonable precaution will be taken by NUS Rovers to ensure the Participant’s safety, the Participant is fully responsible for his/her own well- being and is cognizant of the risks involved by taking part in the Event. This agreement shall be finalized by agreeing to the terms and conditions the Event.
- NUS Rovers reserves the right to interpret the clauses as they deem fit, as stated in the disclaimer and rules and regulations in cases of misunderstanding.
- NUS Rovers reserves the right to add, remove and/or amend the clauses whenever is appropriate prior to the acknowledgement of the Participants.
- The decision of the Trek I/C shall be final with regard to any protests or disputes. There shall be no further right of appeal after a decision is made.