Mount Pulag & Mount Pinatubo, Philippines
When is the trip?
The trip will be from the 4th of January to the 11th of January 2020, 8D7N. We’ll meet at Changi Airport at 1400 and arrive back at Singapore at 1605.
Where are we going?
We will be climbing two mountains:
1) Mount Pulag, famous for its “Sea of Clouds” and the beautiful Milky Way skies!
2) Mount Pinatubo, famous for its beautiful crater lake and volcanic geology! (FUN FACT: Mt. Pinatubo notorious eruption in 1991 was the second-largest eruption of the 20th century)
We will also be visiting the Banaue Rice Terraces, Bomod-ok falls, tour the towns at Sagada and go spelunking through Lumiang cave to Sumaguing cave.
Will the trek be difficult?
We rate it a 3/5! The trek may be challenging so a moderate level of fitness and stamina is required. Temperatures at the peak of Mt. Pulag may fall to 0-10 degrees during this season hence we highly recommend packing warm!
How much is this trip? What does it include?
Our trip will be for $930 members, and for $977 non-members. The price includes return airfare, accommodation, guide fees, entrance fees, local transportation and 1 meal during the Mount Pulag hike. ALL other meals are self-funded
What is not included?
- VISA: Please check if you would need a VISA to enter the Philippines.
- Travel Insurance: NUS provides minimal insurance coverage for NUS students ONLY. Hence, NUS students with pre-existing medical conditions are advised to purchase their own travel insurance for more coverage if they require it. Non-NUS Students are responsible for getting their own travel insurance.
- Vaccinations: You might want to consider getting a vaccination for childhood diseases (Tetanus and Diphtheria, Measles, Mumps and Rubella) as well as cover against food and water borne diseases, including Typhoid and Hepatitis A. Visit your doctor if you’re unsure about any of this.
- Personal expenses: Anything else not mentioned in the itinerary such as food, shopping expenses, tipping for the guides, and transport during R&R.
- Medical screening – it is COMPULSORY for all hikers to have a valid medical certificate stating that you are physically fit to ascend Mount Pulag.
What is the brief itinerary?
Day 1: Singapore → Clark → Tarlac City
Arrive at the Philippines and spend the night travelling to Tarlac.
Day 2: Tarlac → Mount Pinatubo → Baguio City
Day hike up to Mt. Pinatubo.
Day 3, 6 Jan: Baguio City → Mount Pulag ranger station → Mount Pulag base camp
Start the hike to Mt. Pulag and spend the night at the base camp.
Day 4, 7 Jan: Mount Pulag → Sagada
Start at midnight for the summit hike and enjoy the sunrise view, then travel to Sagada.
Day 5, 8 Jan: Sagada → Sumaguing cave → Town tour in Sagada
Enjoy spelunking at Cave Connection and then R&R at Sagada town.
Day 6, 9 Jan: Sagada → Bomod-ok Falls
Morning hike to Bomod-ok waterfalls and evening R&R.
Day 7, 9 Jan: Sagada → Banaue → Clark
Trek the famous Banga-an and Banaue rice terraces. Depart for Clark Airport.
Day 8, 10 Jan: Clark → Singapore
Spend the night at Clark Airport before catching an early morning flight back to Singapore. Home sweet Home 🙂
Where will we spend the nights?
2 nights on the van
1 night @ (Baguio city)
1 night camping at Mt. Pulag base camp
3 nights @ Lodge Labanet (Sagada)
Will there be a local guide?
Yes! An english-speaking local guides accompanying us!
How many participants will be on this trek?
You will be a part of the 9 participants and 3 committee members, totalling 12 participants on our trip.
Things to note before joining this trip:
- We recommend that you pack light- we will be travelling around a lot and spending nights at different places. If possible, bring along a backpack and duffel bag instead of luggage!
How do I find out more information?
You can email us at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you on our trip 🙂
Sign ups are closed, thank you for your participation!
Brought to you by: