When is the trip?
The trip will be from the 22nd to the 29th of December 2019, 8 days and 7 nights.
Where are we going?
We will be going to two destinations in Indonesia- Flores (Labuan Bajo) and Bali. Flores is a hidden gem in Indonesia offering amazing opportunities for experiencing its rich flora and fauna in the interior as well as the coast. We will embark on a 2D1N trek to the traditional village of Wae Rebo as well as a 2D1N liveaboard boat tour in Komodo National Park, where we get to hike to scenic viewpoints and snorkel in its crystal clear waters. In Bali, we will attempt to summit Mt. Batur to watch the sunrise, before we getting to rest and relax on the beaches of Bali.
Will the trek be difficult?
We rate it a 2/5! It’s a beginner-friendly trek, and is more scenic than challenging. However, we still recommend maintaining an average fitness level for our trek to Wae Rebo village and sunrise trek to Mt. Batur.
How much is this trip? What does it include?
Our trip will be $1185 for members, and $1235 for non-members. The price includes return airfare, accommodation, guide fees, entrance fees and local transportation and some of the meals provided on the trekking and boat tour.
What is not included?
- VISA: Please check if you would need a VISA to enter Indonesia.
- Travel Insurance: NUS provides minimal insurance coverage for NUS students ONLY. Hence, NUS students with pre-existing medical conditions are advised to purchase their own travel insurance for more coverage if they require it. Non-NUS Students are responsible for getting their own travel insurance.
- Vaccinations: You might want to consider getting a vaccination for childhood diseases (Tetanus and Diphtheria, Measles, Mumps and Rubella) as well as cover against food and water borne diseases, including Typhoid and Hepatitis A. Visit your doctor if you’re unsure about any of this.
- Personal expenses: Anything else not mentioned in the itinerary such as food, shopping expenses, tipping for the guides, and transport during R&R.
What is the brief itinerary?
Day 1: Flight from Singapore to Bali, then from Bali to Labuan Bajo
Day 2: Transport to the starting point of the trek (Denge village) and start trek to Wae Rebo Village where we will spend the night
Day 3: Trek back to start point (Denge Village) and transport back to Labuan Bajo
Day 4: Komodo National Park Tour- Island Hopping & Snorkelling, night aboard the ship
Day 5: Continue Komodo National Park Tour; return to Labuan Bajo in the evening
Day 6: Flight from Labuan Bajo to Bali, free time and rest
Day 7: Mt. Batur Sunrise Trek, free time and rest after lunch
Day 8: Flight back home
Where will we spend the nights?
3 Nights in a hostel in Labuan Bajo
1 Night in Wae Rebo Village
1 Night on a boat in Komodo National Park
2 Nights in hostel in Bali
Will there be a local guide?
Yes! An english-speaking local guide will accompany us around Flores, and another will guide us up Mt Batur.
How many participants will be on this trek?
You will be a part of 9 participants and 3 committee members, totalling 12 people on our trip.
Things to note before joining this trip:
- We recommend that you pack light- we will be travelling around a lot and spending nights at different places. If possible, bring along a backpack and duffel bag instead of luggage! Recommended that you bring a bigger bag to store all of your belongings and a smaller day backpack for trekking.
- We will be taking 4 flights throughout the trip, with Bali as the transit point. 2 to get to Labuan Bajo and 2 back.
- Participants might want to prepare medicine in the event of motion-sickness (winding roads in Flores) and sea-sickness (spending time on a boat in the ocean).
- Though the weather in Labuan Bajo will be relatively humid (30°C), Mt. Bator’s peak can be cold (18°C), so do bring along appropriate attire.
How do I find out more information?
You can email us at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you on our trip 🙂
Sign up here!
Non-NUS students: https://orgsync.com/165560/forms/372867
Brought to you by: