Cao Bang, Vietnam
View this post on Instagram
Last December, a group of us set off on the first trek in our winter series- Expedition Caobang 2019 🇻🇳! . Cao Bang sits in the northeast of Vietnam, with Ban Gioc Waterfalls being right at the border of China and Vietnam. . Our journey began with a sleeper bus to Cao Bang from Hanoi, before our real trek began. Throughout the trek, we got to explore multiple villages and learn about them, watching how they handmade incense from scratch or produced knives and weapons. We then explored Tuyệt Tình Cốc (aka The Mountains Eye), an eye-opening experience as we witnessed its unique geological structures. Lastly came the highlight of the trip- Ban Gioc Waterfalls- a truly majestic sight to behold. . Overall, the trip was a memorable one with stunning views. Thank you to those who came along for our trip 🙂 -Team Caobang 👣🍃
When is the trip?
It will be a 8D7N trip from 12th Dec 2019 to 19th Dec 2019.
Where are we going?
The highlight of the trip is the 4D3N trek around Cao Bang, where you get to climb up the spectacular limestone mountains, walk along the Bac Vong riverside, trek within the lush forests of Cao Bang, explore the Nguom Ngao cave, visit the scenic Ban Gioc waterfalls, all this while taking in the breath-taking views of Northern Vietnam and immersing yourself in authentic Vietnamese culture through the various village homestays. Furthermore, during the 2 days R&R, we will be taking in the stunning views of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Ha Long Bay, on a boat voyage and exploring the historically and culturally rich Old Quarters of Hanoi.
Will the trek be difficult?
This trek is rated a difficulty of 2/5! We will be trekking for approximately 4-5 hours a day along the valleys of Cao Bang. There will be breaks at villages along the way and the terrain consist of flat paths and gentle slopes.
How much is this trip? What does it include?
It will cost $884 for NUS Rovers members, and $930 for non-members. It includes return flights, accommodation, guided trek, entrance fees and local transportation (taxi). Except for meals during the guided trek, no other meals are included in the cost.
What is not included?
- VISA: Please check if you would need a VISA to enter Vietnam.
- Travel Insurance: NUS provides minimal insurance coverage for NUS students ONLY. Hence, NUS students with pre-existing medical conditions are advised to purchase their own travel insurance for more coverage if they require it. Non-NUS participants are responsible for getting their own travel insurance.
- Vaccinations: You might want to consider getting a vaccination for childhood diseases (Tetanus and Diphtheria, Measles, Mumps and Rubella) as well as cover against food and water borne diseases, including Typhoid and Hepatitis A. Visit your doctor if you’re unsure about any of this.
- Personal expenses: Anything else not mentioned in the itinerary such as food, shopping expenses, tips for the guides, and transport during R&R.
Where will we spend the nights?
We will be spending:
- 4 nights in local Vietnamese village homestays whilst on the trek
- 3 nights in an AirBnb apartment in Hanoi during RnR
- 1 night on overnight bus
Will there be a local guide?
Yes, we will trek with an English-speaking guide.
How many participants will be on this trek?
You will be a part of 12 team members, consisting of 9 participants and 3 committee members.
Things to note before joining this trip:
- We recommend that you pack light- we will be travelling around a lot and spending nights at different places. If possible, bring along a backpack and duffel bag instead of luggage!
- Do note that Cao Bang and Hanoi experiences temperatures between 12 to 18℃, hence please pack for cooler weather i.e long pants and sweaters!
How do I find out more information?
You can email us at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you on our trip 🙂
Sign ups are closed, thank you for your participation!
Brought to you by: